- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Assistant Vice President – Project Manager
CIB Functions –Enterprise Services – Location Strategy
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The Enterprise Services team encompasses Premises, Enterprise Data Management Solutions, Group Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Management Office and Location Strategy for CIB Americas.
§ Independently identify issues, develop strategies to improve the team’s problem solving process and proactively suggest innovative solutions
§ Develop and maintain strong client relationships
§ Prepare and proactively participate in presentations and interviews
§ Perform creative and effective market research and data analysis
§ Exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling individual deliverables
§ Provide core Project Management support by understanding the overall project plan and timeframe, keeping to the defined schedule and using discretion to consider actionable next steps
§ Develop and infuse expertise in smart-sourcing methodology:
o Interaction with the global CIB Global Services team
o Ensure that the same methodology, approach and governance is applied across domains
o Be considered as a unique point of contact for all functions / Management / Domain heads for any Location Strategy topics
o Consolidate Location strategy financials trajectory (HC, Savings & Transformation costs) ensuring alignment with Finance
o Monitor and report changes vs. initial target, analyze variances, report on actual vs. budget using available project management tools (HC & Financials tracking)
o Ensure the end-to-end reporting of the Location Strategy Monitoring leveraging on appropriate dashboard of activity and KPIs
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- 4 years of experience in either project management or management consulting for company with a global footprint in a multicultural environment
- BA or MS in engineering, finance, business or related discipline coupled with excellent academic credentials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Advanced technical skills particularly working with spreadsheets and databases is a plus
- Proficiency in Alteryx
- Working experience with project management software is a plus
- Knowledge of English is required
- Knowledge of French is a plus
- Proficient in Power BI is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable capacity to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities
- Energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Recognized ability to lead, manage and engage cross-department teams, drive change within an organization
- Attention to details
- High facility to quickly adapt to new situations and ability to work with remotely located resources
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Understanding of project management methodology through work experience or education
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication:
- Ability to communicate clearly project objectives and requirements
- Capacity to present results convincingly at middle and senior management level
- Ability to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and/or the organization
- Not Applicable
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **