Work at BNP Paribas
60 years serving our customers
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported Canadian companies and institutions in their business development, by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
BNP Paribas in Canada in figures
Commitment, agility, creativity, spirit of innovation: these are the qualities we expect from our employees to meet the challenges of a changing world.
You will have the resources you need to develop your skills. You will progress in an environment respectful of your well-being. You will be able to develop at your own pace and define your professional career within an international group. It is by promoting the development of our employees and empowering them that they will thrive and give the best of themselves.
WE ARE ONE OF MONTREAL’S
TOP EMPLOYERS IN 2022
First application, first recognition
There isn’t a better way to begin the New Year than with good news! We are proud to announce that BNP Paribas in Canada has been named one of the Top Employers in Montreal in 2022 by Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Thanks to this prestigious acknowledgement, the bank is one 65 top employers to be recognized in Montreal.
About the competition
First published in 2006, Montréal’s Top Employers is an annual honour arranged by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognizes employers in Greater Montréal who are leaders in offering exceptional places to work based on industry standards.
Employers are evaluated using the following eight criteria: (1) Physical Workplace; (2) Work Atmosphere & Social; (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits; (4) Vacation & Time Off; (5) Employee Communications; (6) Performance Management; (7) Training & Skills Development; and (8) Community Involvement. Employers are then compared to competitors to determine which organization offers the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
Reasons for BNP Paribas’ selection
The Montréal’s Top Employers highlights the efforts made by BNP Paribas in Canada in the following areas:
- BNP Paribas provided a $500 taxable benefit to help employees set up home offices at the outset of the pandemic and is developing a new flexible work model, which includes permanent options for remote work, digital tools for collaborative work, and a pilot “No Meetings in the Afternoon” on Friday program
- BNP Paribas invests significantly in employee development, offering tuition subsidies of up to $4,500 annually for courses taken externally as well as subsidies for professional accreditation
- BNP Paribas supports employees who are new mothers with maternity leave top-up payments, to 100 per cent of their salary for up to 14 weeks, and manages a family employee resource group to provide a forum for new parents to connect
For more details on the reasons for selection click here
A workspace designed around the well-being of our employees
Our 2001 Robert-Bourassa Boulevard office in Montreal, has been set up to promote and maximize collaboration between our collaborators. Spread over 7 floors, our offices offer open-concept sit-stand workstations, green walls, and private telephone booths.
Several key features of the Montreal office include:
- An Innovation Lab supporting new ways of working, designed in part through a contest with students from Université de Montréal;
- Murals of seven local artists painted on the various floors reflecting the creativity of the Montreal art community, organized with the help of MU, an arts-based charitable organization;
- A focus on employee health and well-being with a WELL Certified working environment designed in collaboration with Provencher Roy, a leader in urban architecture in Canada.
The various relaxation and rest areas are designed around the well-being of our employees: comfortable sofas and armchairs, televisions, Baby foot table, Mississippi table or even outdoor terrace, meditation / religious observation room, and community garden, everything comes together to facilitate the accomplishment of your work. Not to mention the free coffee / tea and fruits.
A wide range of advantages
In addition to competitive compensation, offered trainings, a workplace focused on well-being, we offer our employees a wide variety of benefits:
- Flexible insurance program, family and spouse, including:
– Free access to telemedicine – 7/7 days 24/24
– Health and / or wellness account for excess credits
- Defined contribution pension plan – The bank contributes up to 7% of base salary
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Remote work allowance
- Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions
- Discounts with partners on:
– Banking products (National Bank, Royal Bank)
– Home / auto insurance
– Annual subscription to sports halls
- Reimbursement of 50% of the monthly public transport subscription fees to get to work.
- Minimum of 3 weeks of vacation (pro-missed for the first year)
- 6 flexible personal days (pro-missed for the first year)
- 4 half-days offered on summer Fridays
- 2 paid days for volunteering
A multitude of professions
Working at BNP Paribas in Canada means allowing you to express your leadership as well as your expertise to contribute to our bank’ ambitions. Regardless of the profession, our teams are committed to the quality of service to our customers and share the same values of agility, openness, a culture of compliance and customer satisfaction.
Discover examples of our different expertise:
- Finance and Taxes
- IT Production
- IT Development
- Operation / Client Management
- Global Banking
- Marketing & Communications
- USD Clearing & Payments
- Cyber security
- Enterprise Data Management
- Human Resources
- Change Management, Premises, Procurement and Business Continuity