- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
- Understand and analyze the financials and resource management needs of all NAR FRESH Teams to develop appropriate and sustainable reporting consistent with the entity’s strategic plan and the associated portfolio of requests.
- Act as the contact person within the management or maintenance of Transformation teams and for the business line concerning reporting aspects.
- Dashboard Production and Management: The Business Manager (BM) will oversee the creation of both internal and external dashboards. These dashboards provide a snapshot of the team’s activities, encompassing financials, headcount, and resource capacity, and are presented to different management levels.
- Team Coaching and Reporting Oversight: The role will coach the team in identifying and managing reporting tasks, dependencies in special projects, and critical path items. This role entails maintaining a high level of accuracy in reporting.
- Resource and Budget Management: In collaboration with team managers, the BM will formalize and communicate the team’s resource utilization for both routine operations and specific projects. This includes managing budgets, tracking actual expenditures, and forecasting future needs using various management tools.
- Resource Onboarding and Hiring Process Management: The BM oversees integrating new members into the FRESH department and overseeing the hiring approval process in coordination with senior management.
- Presentation Development for Steering Committees: The role includes creating presentations and supporting documents for the North America (NAR) Head of FRESH and the NAR Head of Transformation and Architecture Evolution. Additionally, tasks of handle ad-hoc presentation requirements for the Transformation team.
- Participation in Transformation Initiatives: Collaborates with management and other Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) IT teams to contribute to preliminary studies for transformation projects.
- Administrative and Organizational Initiative Implementation: Responsibilities extend to supporting transversal administrative and organizational initiatives and addressing ad-hoc requests from the Canada, US, and ISPL platforms within the NAR region.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Extensive Experience: At least ten years in a comparable role within a major financial institution or consultancy.
- Educational Background: A university degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, complemented by a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification.
- Financial Acumen: Proficiency in Financial and Management Accounting, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Data Handling Expertise: Skilled in manipulating large data sets to generate financial reports and interpret financial data.
- Innovative and Improvement-Oriented Mindset: Demonstrated experience in digital innovation and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and oral communication abilities, capable of clearly and succinctly explaining complex issues to diverse audiences.
Knowledge of English is required
- Team Collaboration: Proven ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams spread across different geographical locations.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **