IT Business analyst
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
CIB Americas IT is responsible for IT development, business/technical analysis, project, maintenance and support for the large range of applications within Americas region, covering all CIB business areas. IT development teams work closely with our business partners and users as part of the global team, to understand new requirements from clients, exchanges, industry, regulators and other stakeholders, and code against those requirements to enhance our platforms. The team also dedicates a large amount of time and effort to contribute to the overall platform engineering strategy to enhance our resiliency, stability and scalability across businesses and applications.
This role is within CIB Americas IT Strategy, Portfolio Management & Budget team, which works directly with the CIB Americas CIO. This team plays a key role in driving, enhancing & maintaining routine tasks of the office of the CIO. The team manages IT strategic, program, financial & governance activities for the overall CIB Americas IT scope supporting more than 450+ staff across US, Canada & LATAM (covering Global Market, Global Banking, CIB2S, Transversal IT, SGA, ALMT, HR & Client Management IT teams).
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Managing IT Budget & Financials
- This person will be a key resource in the office of the CIO, for global & local stakeholders, to maintain CIB IT budgets & financials.
- Manage the overall flow of day-to-day budget requests (both global & local), including budgetary presentations & reporting.
- The person will work with IT managers, global budget team, business, finance and other local teams – to manage Headcount/Man-years monitoring, Budget transfers, Clarity updates, IT Program codes allocation, Rolling Forecast, Cost center mapping, Business Allocation keys, Project cost & risk monitoring, Q&E standards alignment, Purchasing requests, Invoices validation, spend analysis and other activities related to CIB IT financials.
- Oversee preparation of overall CIB IT budget presentations and help with the ongoing oversight (global & local).
- Manage the annual budget process and frequent monitoring of overall spend.
- Timesheets and Man days monitoring in Clarity tool.
- CIB IT Project Portfolio management
- Oversee CIB IT Project portfolio, ensuring the governance through Project Portfolio Committee
- SPOC for central teams and IT managers for recurring Clarity tool updates (project costs, resources, PRJ allocations, codes & risks) and reviewing PLC governance assessments documents.
- Enhance IT project portfolio quality by strengthening procedures & reinforcing global standards.
- IT Strategic activities coordination
- Assist CIO on key IT actions, staff, regulatory requirements & governance.
- Plan, contribute and coordinate execution of strategic initiatives
- Supporting the CIO on employee engagement activities, talent strategy and location strategy.
- Manage strategic CIO events CIB Americas IT Steer-Co, Project portfolio committee, Townhalls, CIO Talks etc.)
- CIO presentation preparations
- Space management & Logistics coordination
- Review, gather & consolidate control evidences & documents during IT Project Audits, Exams & 2LOD reviews.
- Governance of transversal activities, and liaise with multiple non-IT teams such as Clarity Project Office, COO office, HR, Finance, Procurement, Legal, Premises/Facilities, UOM, Physical Security, Information Security, Production Security, TPRM, Infrastructure, etc.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing IT Budget activities and financial monitoring.
- Excellent communication skills for the delivery of reports & presentations for the leadership team, which must be engaging, informative and convincing.
- Proficiency in MS office tools (especially in Excel & PowerPoint for running the functions/formulas, Pivot tables, Macros and Charts).
- Ability to build appropriate and effective networks, for the benefit of IT group
- Strong financial / budget analysis skills.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, is based outside of Quebec and Canada, our positions require employees to speak another language than French – being English for most positions; other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese may be also specifically required and such will be clearly mentioned in the requirements of the position;
- All BNP Paribas employees in Canada must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **