- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- HUMAN RESOURCES
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The Human Resources Operations (HR COO) is responsible for the design, development and implementation of HR operational services for North America. The COO teams drive efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance for all HR operations, technology, vendor governance and project management.
The position at a glance
Reporting to the HR Chief Operating Officer for Americas, the payroll expert works in a team of two, is in charge of payroll administration and processing and liaising with ADP for payroll execution and controls. The payroll expert will coordinate with the second officer to guarantee proper scheduling, task distribution, back-up plan and controls.
- Carries out data entry for the creation, maintenance and termination of employee files in HR systems;
- Prepares employees’ pay (approximately 1100) for the external administrator by producing/validating reports covering overtime, absences and leave;
- Validates payments processed by the external administrator and maintains a register of errors;
- Carries out the remittances and management of accounting records and their reconciliation;
- Carries out payroll controls and documents their results;
- Responds to correspondence received by the government in connection with remittances and acts as resource person for internal/external audits;
- Works with the Finance and Taxation team to manage the financial aspects of payroll, including the management of tax credits;
- Carries out the payroll year-end process, manages taxable benefits and provides reports to the external administrator for the production of tax slips;
- Supports the employee service center in responding to pay questions from employees and responds directly to more complex questions;
- Participates in the improvement of tools and processes;
- Performs any other related tasks.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor in administration, accounting or any other relevant field;
- 7 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of the ADP payroll system (required) and Peoplesoft (an asset);
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook;
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual in French and English (spoken and written)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Ability to prioritize while meeting the deadlines;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, thorough working attitude and fast turnaround
- Ability to manage confidential information discretely;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Team spirit
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, is based outside of Quebec and Canada, our positions require employees to speak another language than French – being English for most positions; other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese may be also specifically required and such will be clearly mentioned in the requirements of the position;
- All BNP Paribas employees in Canada must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **