- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
- Finance & Tax
The position in detail
Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Partner with stakeholders and consumers at all levels of the organization, across LOBs and functions, and across all regions, to drive data quality Issues / solutions
- Support the issue management and remediation process
- Work independently on root cause analysis for assigned data quality issues
- Support remediation of data quality exceptions
- Define DQ controls for new/existing reports and improve/enhance the existing data controls
- Assist with the requirements gathering, testing, and roll-out of Data Quality Initiatives such as DQ dashboards for consumers and ops stakeholders
- Perform detailed data analysis on large data sets across all Finance/Referential Data domains (party, instrument, account, finance ref data, Financial Instruments etc.)
- Collaborate with business partners and project teams to understand current state processes and data needs
- Collaborate with business partners and project teams to understand current state processes and data needs Conduct analysis on known data quality issues and define operational and/or technical solutions for remediation
- Interact with technology and operations teams to drive changes and remediate issues – ensure requirements and procedures are understood and are implemented as per specification
- Work with stakeholders to analyze and understand business requirements and review/produce documentation with a focus on data management governance and data quality control implementation
- Understanding of financial products like Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Derivatives & the Accounting part for the same.
- Create KPI and decks for Data Quality management reporting
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- MBA in Finance, Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
- 5 or more years of experience in the field of Accounting and / or Accounting systems and implementation in financial service industry
- Ref Data domain experience (client, instrument, pricing etc.) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work and research/resolve issues independently while sharing best practices and knowledge with team members
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional relationship building and influencing skills
- Positive attitude and desire to work in a team-based collaborative environment
Technical knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint )
- Knowledge/experience of: General ledger, Referential systems, , BI tools
Behavioural Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
- Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Former experiences within a Finance function in Banking and Financial Services
- Experience must include Business Analysis and Functional recon and controls.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **