- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
- CIB IT Production, Head of Production Factories for the AMER Region [Functionally]
- CIB IT Production, Head of GSS Montreal [Administratively]
Missions and objectives:
The Production Tools team consists of multiple SME’s who assist the global process owner in designing, creating and maintaining the company’s IT services. While leading the company’s IT team, the IT service manager strives to develop a reliable IT service and improve the organization's existing IT service infrastructure. IT service managers are responsible for maintaining a high-level standard when dealing with the company's IT services, and for foreseeing and troubleshooting any issues that may arise, either with the company's IT systems or a client's. Infrastructure Monitoring, Job Automation, Asset Management of servers and network inventory. Scheduling Change, Incident, Problem and Request management as well as CMDB functions are core services which are heavily relied upon by CIB IT and the ITSM team is the bridge for IT and business in coordinating and ensuring predictability for CIB IT and its Business. The team will have SME’s to focus on the core services as dictated by the manager with the objective to provide quality services using various platform to support the numerous to develop efficiency and consistent results.
The technical engineer has broad responsibilities for the deployment of related processes and services. This includes:
- Participate in providing design, implementation, management, integration and support ﴾2nd and 3rd levels﴿ for a 24*7 server and network monitoring platform.
- Maintain, upgrade and architect solutions in support of streamlined integrations across various system platforms including:
- ITRS Geneos
- CA SOI a plus
- BMC Discovery a plus
- CA AutoSys a plus
- Produce documentation on standards and guidelines for regional deployment and use of tools
- Manage the relationship with external technology providers to review new products, escalate issues, and provide a single voice from IT Production to these technology providers
- Evaluate current methods, software and architecture to propose and implement appropriate processes and tools to improve ‐automate and secure‐ OS Engineering and Service Delivery teams Run The Bank activity.
- Participate in global meetings and liaise with Global counter parts in Paris, UK, LATAM and APAC to ensure consistency and alignment of tools and processes.
- Attend audit and compliance reviews ensuring the team remains compliant with bank standards and to address any non-compliance. Ensures compliance with any and all related Policies
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- 3-5 years industry experience in a technology monitoring and architectural capacity
- Basic administrative knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Proficiency with SQL and database concepts
- Familiar with Python and/or other scripting tools
Skills and behaviours
- Ability to create a collaborative environment and deliver a consensus agreement with key IT personnel
- Good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams
- Ability to coordinate with various technical and non-technical teams to achieve quality results
- Introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity
- ITIL and process minded
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **