- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
Within the Finance Function, the Client Services Team (CST) is primarily responsible for the proper organization of the financial planning, the internal Management Reporting and communication of financial information to functions and business lines.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The role primarily focuses on Management Reporting activities and financial analytics for the Canada activities, and involves permanent interactions with Canada Management to provide them with the means to make informed business decisions.
The role involves a deep understanding of the business activity of BNP Paribas together with a solid knowledge of accounting and management reporting requirements. Main activities cover:
- Performance Management reporting
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Financial Planning,
- Business Partnering,
- Active contribution to any special project or request as directed by the Senior Management
The Canada Senior Financial Analyst will have a specific focus on the oversight of the Canada platform expenses and headcount monitoring, providing the country Chief Operating Officer and local department heads with the means to make informed business decisions to effectively achieve their strategic goals.
As part of his / her duties, the Canada senior financial analyst is expected to have regular direct interactions with the Canada COO as well as US regional management for topics related to the Canadian platform.
- Performance Management reporting
- Prepare internal management reporting based on data reconciled with Financial Accounting and in full adherence with the Group and CIB methodologies
- Perform expense analysis and provide comments on actuals (vs. budget, vs. N-1 actuals, vs. business plan, etc) for the Canada COO as well as for the scope of Functions under his/her responsibility
- Analyze the costs and allocation keys of Canada departments in comparison with the budget and with previous periods, helping to provide justification for the allocated costs to the business heads.
- Investigate possible issues with costs recognition
- Prepare and conduct monthly meetings with the COO and local department Heads in Canada
- Ensure complete and adequate controls on Management reporting production process and related documentation (define controls required on internal management reporting so that issues are detected, analyzed, resolved with both corrective and preventive actions defined)
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Coordinate the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Canada perimeter
- Working closely with local heads as well as Finance teams to collect, review, and analyze all budget and forecast data (e.g direct expenses, headcount movements, allocated expenses, etc.)
- Supporting the data collection process into Finance systems
- Preparing budget presentation for the regional and HO Management
- Prepare ad hoc simulations and analysis to support Canada throughout the budget and forecast process
- Consolidate, maintain and report official budget/forecast numbers to the Regional Management and HO
- Contribute to the preparation of the Strategic Plans
- Business Partnering
- Support the department heads in their daily operation and development plans by providing them with the means to make informed business decisions to effectively achieve their strategic goals
- Provide key financial indicators
- Monitor and analyze costs
- Monitor and analyze development and efficiency plans
- Support financial planning, including future looking analysis such as forecast, business plan preparation, etc
- Support the growth plan of the Canadian platform in coordination with the COO office, including but not limited to :
- Identification of services to be reinvoiced by Canada
- Ensuring proper invoicing schemas are in place for existing and new services provided by Canada to other locations and entities, as well as services provided by other locations and entities to Canada
- Support nearshoring/offshoring initiatives involving the Canada platform by providing analyses of cost per headcount
- Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. This includes but is not limited to (i) improving current tools, including databases, (ii) cleaning and aligning static data (cost center referential) and (iii) enhance internal controls and (iv) document key processes
- Ensure adequacy of available piloting tools offered to Businesses / Functions / Territory management
- Controls & Organization
- Ensure that complete procedures are maintained for all Performance Management activities
- Ensure adequate archiving and tracking of official reporting produced
- Provide cross-training to staff as needed, including the Finance platforms in Montreal and Mumbai
- Contribute to the Finance operational permanent control framework
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Training and occupational experience
- Education background: Business School or University graduate, master in Finance/Mathematics
- Minimum of 8 years of financial/risk and/or management experience, previous experience in a Banking/Finance/Regulatory environment is a plus
- English/French speaking is mandatory
- Knowledge of Financial Resources and Financial Performance Indicators
- Knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS/US/GAAP) and business concepts related to Banking industry (incl. Financial Institutions Balance sheet)
Skills and behaviours
- High communication skill
- Client focus (including challenge/detect opportunities)
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Rigorous and flexible mindset: Strong sense of organization, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Team work & communication skills:
- Actively propose and implement agreed improvements, share knowledge and best practices
- Team player
- Ability to work in a changing and moving environment
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **