- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- PERMANENT CONTROL
Overall Job Purpose
Seeking an attorney to be located at BNPP’s Montreal office for a permanent role to join the Equity Derivatives (EQD) Legal Team within GM Americas (Derivatives) Legal as a member of and contributor to several global product areas within the Derivatives Platform in GM Americas (Derivatives) Legal (with a specific focus on EQD).
– Review and negotiate equity derivatives transaction documentation; draft custom derivative templates.
– Review and negotiate derivatives documentation including ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes, Global Master Repurchase Agreements, Master Repurchase Agreements, Master Securities Forwards Transaction Agreements with various margining mechanisms.
– Review and negotiate custom index documentation, including licenses, dealer agreements, marketing materials, rulebooks and disclosures; draft new custom index disclosures.
– Address various equity derivatives / custom index documentation-related inquiries from internal stakeholders and clients.
– Review and negotiate ancillary documents including Guarantees, Confidentiality Agreements, Account Control Agreements and related documentation; review and negotiate authorized participant agreements and related ETF create/redeem documentation.
– Maintain pipeline trackers and update relevant internal systems with status of negotiations.
-Manage ad hoc projects as required.
– Participate in applicable regulatory implementation projects that may necessitate negotiations and amendment to counterparty trading documentation including ISDA working groups.
– Experience in negotiating derivatives documentation highlighted above (willing to train).
– Familiarity with recent US and cross-border derivatives regulatory framework, including Dodd-Frank and EMIR requirements for financial institutions and corporate entities, margining parameters for various types of trades and products, CFTC requirements and similar regulations, rules and market practices.
Education, Professional Certification and License Requirements
- JD Degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of work experience (relevant law firm or in-house experience a plus)
- Professional bar licensing in NY State is a plus
Essential Skills/ Competencies
- A self-starter personality capable of working both autonomously as well as in a cross-disciplinary team.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload and complete assignments efficiently with the sense of urgency and attention to detail in an environment with limited secretarial/admin support;
- Ability to work across the organization as required and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members and internal/external clients;
- Technical: Microsoft OS (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).