Transformation Project Manager and Team leader – Finance and Tax
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The Finance Transformation office Canada is part of the Finance Chief Operating Office for North America. It ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance and Tax organization to meet their business objectives and streamline their processes. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives. The team also manages the Digital and continuous improvement program for Finance, which aims at creating efficiencies and reducing operational risks across all F&T teams.
The Transformation Project Manager for Finance and Tax (F&T) will manage a portfolio of Finance and Tax process/tool optimization projects and will locally have the managerial responsibility of a team of project managers to support this effort. (s)he will animate the F&T digital community and ensure the coordination with Fresh / IT team
- Management of Transformation / Continuous Improvement / Digital projects, where Finance processes are being automated and streamlined.
- Lead for Internal Finance projects, where various Finance teams need to be coordinated to reach an internal goal (organization topics, internal requests from the Group, internal requests from the CFO executive committee).
- Animation of the Finance and Tax Digital Community. This program gathers a community of Finance contacts in charge of sharing their knowledge and best practice on Digital topics. Champions also participate to projects to streamline Finance processes and reduce operational risks.
The F&T Transformation manager sets priorities for their team, coaches and support them to deliver their portfolio, and help them manage their relationship with project sponsors and stakeholders.
The F&T Transformation manager will coordinate with Fresh/IT and internal stakeholders across F&T to ensure on-time quality delivery of the project portfolio.
- Establish and conduct meetings to communicate objectives, expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues, and work with all groups and clients to resolve issues as required.
- Help their team scope projects and develop Implementation Project Plans
- Gather and report project costing, coach their team to identify risks and develops risk mitigation plans.
- Develop measurable project goals and objectives and monitor progress toward achievement.
- Drive implementation consistency and quality through execution of project management best practices.
- Coach and support their team to identify and manage project dependencies and critical path items while ensuring project quality
- Coach and support their team to develop detailed project plans including documentation, testing and executing protocol, tasks, budgets, timelines, and status metrics.
- Lead project post mortems and communicate lessons learned in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- University degree in Finance/Accounting ore related field
- At least 10 years of experience in similar role in a large and complex financial company/consulting firm
- Very good knowledge of Project Management processes and workflow (PMP and/or Scrum Master certification is a plus)
- Digital and Continuous Improvement Mindset / Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or seniority levels.
- Ability to manage stakeholders transversally and/or consulting skills
- Ability to effectively manage/ work with geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and knowledge of digital tools (powerBI,, Alteryx, SQL…)
- Strong interest in new technologies (Alteryx, Tableau, Machine Learning…)
- Knowledge of the English is required
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **