- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
The FRESH team ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance (accounting) and Tax and Risk organizations to meet their business objectives. The team acts as the bridge from the Finance and Tax and Risk organizations to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, Business Management, and Group Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London, and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives. The team is also responsible for the reengineering of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first-line user support through training, research, and responding to general queries.
Mission and Objectives
The candidate will act as the FRESH Americas Transformation Lead, under the direction of the FRESH Americas Transversal Teams Head and in strong coordination with the Central Fresh stream and other centers within IT.
The candidate will be in charge of delivering the enhancements and process changes that will allow the Fresh team to operate more effectively and efficiently. (I.e. to make time and cost savings) These include
- Improvement in reporting enhancements coordination, across Application Development and Maintenance teams, to minimize work when regulatory reporting changes need to be implemented.
- Improvement in ADM team KPIs and colloration
- Coordination with Head Office, Finance and IT of agile rollout, improving collaboration across teams
- Increase automation in system platforms used to develop and test.
- Technical process improvements: for example, automation of data loads and server migrations for optimisation
As FRESH Transformation Lead, the candidate will:
Lead the FRESH Americas Transformation
- Combine transformation initiatives into a strategy
- Continuously evolve this strategy with further initiatives
- Provide KPIs on the transformation with regular updates on these
- Coordinate across stakeholders and contributors the portfolio of iniatives
- Deliver some of the initiatives themselves/ for others initiatives provide support
Provide Project Management and Business Analysis support to Transformation initiatives, including
- Facilitate meetings and discussions, document decisions, and follow up actions
- Monitor and provide periodic status on progress, issues, risks and changes
- Analyze challenges, determine solutions and drive the implementation of resolutions to complex technical issues
- Highlight transversal dependencies or synergies across the Transformation perimeter
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex processes and system architectures
- Experience in delivering transformation and IT projects
- 10+ years’ experience in business and system analysis (gathering requirements, creating system specifications) in the financial services industry
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Knowledge of Project Management processes and workflow is a plus
- Knowledge of Accounting norms and processes is a plus
- Ideas driven with the ability to lead
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical, accounting or seniority levels.
- Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong Business Intelligence Skills
- Data and architecture knowledge advantageous
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **