- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
- Provide 24/7/365 primary support of all RedHat Linux and Sun Solaris servers supported through New York.
- Proactively monitor all UNIX systems utilizing BNP Paribas standard tools.
- Maintain complete inventory and documentation of deployed systems.
- Liaise with application developers to gather requirements, design and deploy standard systems which clearly differentiate between Production, DR, Test and Development.
- Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development team and Equity business to make corrections and mitigate risks.
- Ensure that all systems are backed up according to the business requirements and notify the data owners when there are failures.
- Ensure optimal resilience of deployed systems; and meet all disaster recovery requirements specified by the business.
- Liaise with IT Production Engineers in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues.
- Maintain top-notch technical skills and business knowledge through proactive self-learning in addition to any formal instructor-led training provided by BNP Paribas.
- Expert knowledge of RedHat Enterprise 7.x, 8.x, and solid footing in Sun Solaris 10 and/or AIX 7.1
- Solid knowledge of Linux kernel internals, some experience building customized kernels and customized RPM packages.
- Experience with low latency technologies such as 25Gb Ethernet and Kernel by-pass.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Solaris Zones, Xen, etc.)
- Expert Knowledge of UNIX kernel and network subsystem tuning and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of system performance and monitoring tools such as CA Unicenter, sar, iostat, vmstat, etc.
- Strong programming skills with Perl, awk, sed, Shell script.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking – ability to use and understand output of tcpdump/snoop.
- Administration of Unix core services and applications such as NIS, NFS, automount, DNS, DHCP, Samba, SendMail, Apache, NTP, sudo, Jumpstart/Kickstart, LDAP, SSH.
- Comfortable performing system upgrades, installing layered products, and analyzing and troubleshooting complex production systems.
- Basic knowledge of EMC SAN storage arrays and NetAPP Network Appliances.
- Should be familiar with system administration regarding relational databases (Sybase, Oracle), Middleware (WebSphere MQ), and market data distribution (Reuters RMDS) a plus.
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
- Must be well-organized, responsible, a good project manager, have good verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in dynamic trading environment.
- Work as a member of a team, adhere to corporate standards and change management processes, and work to improve IT standards and policies.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **