- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
As part of its mission, ITO – Client Management of BNP Paribas CIB Americas is responsible for performing and securing customers’ due diligence. Client Management – Centre of Excellence in Montreal acts as the nearshored service center for BNP Paribas CIB Americas and consists of Data Officers; Data Controllers; Screeners; Investigators; and Senior KYC Officers who collectively secures the KYC process.
Intervening at the final stages of the KYC due diligence process and working in close coordination with all stakeholders part of the KYC Due Diligence process (including Data Officers; Data Controllers; Screeners; Investigators; Compliance; and Relationship Managers), Senior KYC officer is responsible for ensuring that due diligence on new or existing clients has been conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies/guidelines.
Performing a factual-based analysis, Senior KYC Officer’s key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that all data, document and information collected as part of the Due Diligence process are compliant and reliable to determine the final risk level of the client relationship
• Ensuring that the level of due diligence performed is in accordance with the final risk level of the client relationship
• Ensuring that local regulatory requirements pertaining to the KYC case has been fulfilled
• Ensuring that financial security risk triggers are appropriately consulted with Compliance for opinion
• Preparing a memo substantiating the KYC analysis review
• Ensuring that the file is submitted for Relationship Manager’s final sign-off
• Organizing the Client Acceptance Committee (CAC) as appropriate
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
The candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the financial services sector, with at least 3 years in AML/KYC-related role. The candidate must exemplify at least:
• General knowledge on financial industry and products, including awareness of various types of corporate entities – hedge funds, asset managers, pension funds, limited, private and public companies, holding companies, trusts etc.
• Ability to comprehend and parse and/or interpret complex organizational and corporate structures for ownership percentage, subsidiary breakdown or merger activity.
• Experience in a control function (having a control mind-set).
• Knowledge on AML/KYC operational process.
• Knowledge on AML/KYC-related regulatory rules, including but not limited to – USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, 3rd European Directive, FCPA, OFAC and related AML regulations.
• Knowledge on financial security screening (sanctions, political exposed persons, negative news).
• Knowledge and experience on using database and vendors for KYC (such as Orbis, World-Check, Lexis/Nexis, Dow Jones, Avox, PRIME etc).
• Knowledge on OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) screening requirements.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong analytical skills, ability to gain an in depth understanding of complex processes and systems.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills as evidenced by the ability to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments.
• Ability to prioritize and work under time pressure.
• Client-oriented yet with control mindset.
• Quality and result-driven.
• Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure.
• Adaptable, able to multi-task across multiple and varying assignments.
• Ability to generate and convey clear and concise status updates to management and stakeholders.
• Strong Excel/ Word/ Access / PowerPoint/ presentation building skills (graphs, charts, design).
• Fluency in English is required and working competence in another language (Spanish, Portuguese…) preferred.
• Bachelor degree required.
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), or equivalent, a plus.
It is desirable for the candidate to have exposure to investment banking products, including an understanding of their financial characteristics and markets. An appreciation of the key processes, systems and organization structure of an investment bank will also be an asset.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **