Senior Equity Derivatives P&L Controller
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
- The preparation and supervisions of daily and monthly management revenues for the Credit Trading activity and their reconciliation with the estimates of the traders and with the financial accounts
- The participation in business development initiatives across BNP Paribas support functions and locations
- Analysis and reporting of daily P&L with detailed Greek breakdown for multiple products including futures, options, equities, variance & correlation swaps, interest rate derivatives and Structured Products
- Reconciliation of PnL to Front office estimates with detailed Greeks and New deal breakdown
- Resolution of PV breaks between client/ counterparty settlement amounts and P&L control estimates
- Substantiation and resolution of Back office ledger vs. P&L systems cash breaks on a daily basis
- Ensuring the pricing configuration complies with trading strategy and internal controls, collaboration with V&RC and Risk required to enforce consistency
- Analysis, understanding and commentary on PnL using analytical tools
- Working with front office and trade support and other parts of the middle office to resolve operational and booking issues
- Working with front office and market risk to finalize month end PnL validating Map and Reserves at the trading book level
- Collaboration with Risk to evaluate and explain cash and PV movements above established thresholds to facilitate risk reporting
- Ensuring the MTD management P&Ls are consistent with the final end of month general ledger P&L
- Lead new systems deployment which is not limited to being part of TAC/NAC, gathering requirements, testing UAT database, ensuring results match expectations and reporting impacts
- Discussing and reviewing trading P&Ls with management
- Assist with the training and development of junior (analyst) members of the team
- Continuously improving controls
- Continuously improving efficiencies
- Liaise with trading floor personnel and ensure a satisfactory resolution of all FO inquiries
- Interact with Operations functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’
- Resolve all issues / conflicts and strive to meet or surpass the service level agreement
- Manage deadlines and objectives
- Ensure timely and efficient dissemination of data and the resolution of inquiries
- Identify and escalate time / risk sensitive issues to the team supervisor
- Cohesively explain and maintain own position, logically, in light of differing views
- Focus on the needs of the business
- Act with integrity, accepting responsibility for actions
- Recognize opportunities for creativity and development of processes
- Achieve a sensible work/life balance.
Applicable to All
- Ensure the business area conducts its activity in accordance with all relevant external regulators and internal policies.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 4 Years of previous experience in P&L Control, Finance, Trade Support, Valuations, Risk, or Front Office environment including 2 years of P&L Control covering Equity derivatives & hedges (e.g. Futures, Options, Structured Products, Equity Swaps, Variance Swaps, and Dispersion Swaps)
- Strong working knowledge of P&L attributes/Greeks
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team in a “split team” organization
- Strong Excel & PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
- Spirit of continuous improvement
- Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work across teams
- Possess Control mindset
- Working knowledge of Programming languages such as VBA & Python (strong preference)
- Graduate degree in Finance, Math or Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
- Previous experience in Fixed Income P&L
- Fluency in financial markets with an emphasis on Credit
- Experience in pricing, valuation or hedging of derivatives
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, is based outside of Quebec and Canada, our positions require employees to speak another language than French – being English for most positions; other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese may be also specifically required and such will be clearly mentioned in the requirements of the position;
- All BNP Paribas employees in Canada must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **