- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The FRESH IT Team is responsible for the implementation of third party and in house developed reporting solutions for the Liquidity, Finance and Risk sponsors. Their scope of responsibilities includes the interaction with multiple stakeholders, project management, business analysis, technical support and development of IT solutions in line with best practices established by CIB and the BNP Paribas group.
The position at a glance
- Understand and analyze the business line’s needs in one or more functional areas, with the aim of developing the appropriate and sustainable solutions that are consistent with the entity’s strategic plan and the associated portfolio of requests.
- Ensure that the solution meets the requirements set out to cover the business line’s needs
- Act as the contact person within the project or maintenance teams and for the business line in relation to data and functional aspects
- Contributes to preliminary studies in liaison with the business line
- Helps, where appropriate, to monitor the portfolio and prioritize requests within the scope of activity
- Clarifies, performs critical and constructive analysis and, where appropriate, compares the business line’s needs against the entity’s strategic plan
- Ensures that the solution meets the requirements set out to cover the business line’s needs
- Formalizes the expression of need and ensures it is approved by the business line
- Defines, formalizes and obtains approval of the requirements set out to cover the expression of need in collaboration with the contributors involved, in accordance with the entity’s practices
- Carries out or helps with the test activities within the functional scope
- Supports the business line in carrying out user tests
- Contributes, in conjunction with the business line, to change management and roll out for the end customer
- Helps to identify business line impacts generated by the solution and with the development of action plans
- Acts as the contact person within the project and/ or maintenance teams and for the business line in relation to data and functional aspects
- Shares knowledge about the area of expertise and provides functional support
- Carries out reporting in accordance with the operating rules and practices defined for the scope
- Helps with the coordination of user communities
- Build partnerships with assigned development and stakeholder teams.
- Write technical or functional specifications, perform workload, and risk analysis related to these solutions.
- Implement interfaces/feeds from operating systems to the ledger or from the ledger to downstreram reporting systems and ensure the quality requirements and established SLAs.
- Implement accounting rules/schemas and required controls for finance products and reporting.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Bachelor’s degree or relevant Master degree, business, accounting or information technology (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in writing Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Use/Test Cases, Test Plans and other project deliverables preferably in Finance and Accounting.
- Qualified accountant or other relevant professional qualification with background in accounting and CIB Business
- Experience with Technology in the Accounting, Ledger or Reporting Systems
- Experience with Application/System/Data Integration, Data Management, Analytics, Transformation
- Experience with Project Management, Stakeholder Management and Team Management
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, is based outside of Quebec and Canada, our positions require employees to speak another language than French – being English for most positions; other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese may be also specifically required and such will be clearly mentioned in the requirements of the position;
- All BNP Paribas employees in Canada must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **