IMPACT – Project Management Intern (May-August 2024)
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
At BNP Paribas, we strongly believe in nurturing potential, which is why we have created The BNP Paribas IMPACT Program. We are looking to find the next generation of leaders who are creating an IMPACT in their community by supporting their education and investing in their future careers.
Selected winners who join The IMPACT Program will receive a $7,000 bursary, a paid summer internship, and be paired with a leader of the Bank who will provide ongoing mentorship throughout their internship.
We are looking to find leaders who are contributing to the advancement and betterment of their community. IMPACT leaders exemplify innovation, ambition, and drive within their communities.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
The position at a glance
The goal of this internship is to plan, identify and deliver service improvement activity across the Operations business through applying process improvement methodologies and innovative thinking.
To execute an organizational / operational improvements with the support of the Operations Management Team on a specific dimension, e.g., Voice of the Customer, Process Efficiency, Performance Management, Organization and Skills and build a continuous improvement environment.
To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency by identifying and eliminating unnecessary complexity to find better ways of working.
Work on production and cross-functional projects that have an impact overall on the Operations department.
- Fully contribute to daily production tasks
- Lead continuous improvement projects
- Participate in improvement projects for the Global Markets/ Client Engagement and Protection
- Be able to take on challenging positions and adapt well to various work assignments
- Show a great ability to connect with other employees in a moving environment
- Put to contribution your analytical skillset on various tasks and projects
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited Canadian post-secondary program
- Must be able to work in the local premises
- Be 18 and over
- Have at least one more semester left after completion of internship
- Student completing their Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, related field, with a graduation date of December 2024 or May 2025.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – Advanced Excel Essential
- Coding experience (VBA, Python) is an advantage
- Client Focused mindset
- Team player, self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Adaptability in various situations
- Detail oriented and able to deliver quality results
- Communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **