- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The P&L accounting Analyst is responsible for performing and validating all necessary reconciliations and related controls to secure the accounting P&L recognition once it is reconciled with the official management P&L tools.
The mainly interact is with Operations (Middle & Back offices) and Finance productions teams and when applicable will contribute to enhance the consistency of the set-up between the management P&L tools and the accounting ones
• Perform monthly reconciliations between the official economic P&L produced by the middle office groups and the financial ledgers, for Latam entities
• Prepare and explain FX exposures and internal Funding reconciliation reporting for these business lines, knowing that these are two key areas to secure the P&L reconciliation
• Investigate the discrepancies arising from the reconciliation work, including the management of interfaces between Product Accounting Control and the Middle Office, Back Office and other Finance groups
• Prepare monthly reconciliation documents in coordination with the financial and management accounting teams of the Finance Department and participate to the monthly P&L reconciliation meetings
• Enhance and optimize the P&L reconciliation process by implementing appropriate tailor-made IT tools, maintaining updated process guidelines and monitoring the list of improvements expected to be done at the Operations and/or Finance production levels to improve and secure the P&L reconciliation process
• Escalate any issues/risks to management (Forecast reporting guideline)
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting) required
• At least 5 – 7 years of experience in Financial Services with a background in Audit, Accounting, Controls or Middle-Office
• Experience related to investment banking products (global market, global banking, treasury, etc)
• Ability to deliver/ be result driven: Be a self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of the English is required
• Ability to develop and leverage networks: Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the business lines and back office transactional contacts
• Analytical ability: ability to learn new systems and products quickly; effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint tools
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **