Portfolio Analytics & Modelling Intern
- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
BNP Paribas in Canada Students & Young graduates
The position at a glance
Portfolio Management Americas is a part of the Corporate & Institutional Banking activity. PMA is a transversal department within Global Banking Americas (GBA), with a regional management scope that includes the United States, Canada and Latin America. PMA is currently composed of 3 teams: Origination & Active Management; Portfolio Analytics & Modelling; and Credit Solutions & Products Engineering.
The main mission of PMA is to contribute to risk return optimization at origination, to actively manage the financing loan books and to contribute to capital optimization. The team is responsible for monitoring with Coverage the process at Origination on financing transactions with a focus on the main resources consumption, namely, capital, liquidity, balance sheet and risk-return. The team is also in charge of initiating and implementing solutions to optimize capital consumption, exposure management or liquidity consumption.
PMA has main interactions with Coverage, Business Lines, ALMT, RISK, Middle Office, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Global Markets and Portfolio Management teams in the other regions.
Portfolio Analytics & Modelling responsibilities
The Portfolio Analytics & Modelling team is responsible for monitoring and forecasting the key resources (balance sheet and capital) consumption of Global Banking Americas in close coordination with Business Lines and Coverage units. Additionally, the team is responsible for the regional Strategic Resources Committees to review key resources consumption and value creation metrics with Regional Senior Management and if needed provide feedback on behalf of GBA to the CIB Leadership forum.
The position reports to the Head the Portfolio Analytics and Modelling team.
In coordination with main stakeholders in GBA and across the platform:
- Monitoring, Budgeting and Forecasting GBA Resources (RWA, balance-sheet and provisions) consumption by managing the database of the bank
- Tracking the Resource Allocation Committee (RAC) approved deal pipeline
- Reporting of Leveraged Lending portfolio and underwriting portfolio evolution
- Liasing with risk, finance, and credit teams
- Data validation and quality control of data
- Powerpoint presentations creation and preparation
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Aptitude for data analysis and comfortable with big datasets
- Attention to details
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and having a positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Thrives in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics or other related domain
- Proficiency in Excel (VBA) and Powerpoint
- Programming skills in SQL
- Modelling capabilities, programming skills (Python) or experience with business intelligence tools are a plus
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **