IT Senior Business Analyst
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
As a senior business analyst, you will contribute significantly to the various flagship projects of the Local Operations Domain (ALMT IT Settlement & Accounting).
You will collect and analyze business needs (Back Offices Americas – Montreal and Bogota).
You will write the functional specifications and monitor developments with our development teams in Paris and Mumbai.
You will participate in the implementation of the testing phases with TCoE (Testing Center of Excellence) transversal teams.
You will manage training and support to our Americas users as part of our projects.
You will pass on knowledge and train the junior Business Analysts on the team.
You are an active participant in the various agile ceremonies (Scrumban) of OMR.
The variety of missions will be a stimulating asset on a daily basis.
The very international context of the platform we manage will be both a challenge and an asset in the quality of the subjects we will have to deal with together.
Integration within the Trade Processing processes ALMT and Global Markets will enable you to understand the CIB Front/Back to Accounting technical and functional architecture, work your oral and written communication skills in English/French, work in an inclusive, transversal and highly diversified context.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
The candidate should demonstrate a combination of technical and functional skills together with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. She/He must have a genuine willingness to work with time critical operations and high availability systems. She/He must be able to handle and manage tasks with a high level of autonomy and alert or give feedback when required.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the field of IT Business Analysis, banking operations/client service or Capital Market Operations and Settlements.
- A significant experience operating in an agile organization (KanBan, Scrum…)
- A background on Swift/settlement and/or Capital Market knowledge would be considered as a strong asset
- University degree, preferably Bachelor in IT, engineering School or Business Administration is a plus for the job.
- Knowledge on ticketing tools (like JIRA, Service Now…)
- Strong knowledge on Information Systems and Technical/Functional architecture
- Basic knowledge in database management and ability to write SQL queries
- Advanced knowledge on Financial messaging standards (SWIFT MT/MX, SEPA…) is a plus.
- Agile certification is a plus for the job
- Strong communication skills (writing and oral)
- Client focus: Ability to analyze and understand internal business users and to bring them support
- Ability to understand complex functional & technical architectures
- Ability to manage configuration of complex application
- Analytical and information structuring skills
- Autonomous, be able to take initiatives and problem solving
- Stress resistance: responsiveness and capacity to reprioritize your actions
- Rigorous and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate (strong team player)
Languages: Knowledge of the English is required
- Standard office working hours
- Week-end exceptional operations from time to time
- Business trips to Paris head office and/or Mumbai to work with dev/BA team
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada's Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **