IMPACT – Canada Compliance Intern (May-August 2024)
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
At BNP Paribas, we strongly believe in nurturing potential, which is why we have created The BNP Paribas IMPACT Program. We are looking to find the next generation of leaders who are creating an IMPACT in their community by supporting their education and investing in their future careers.
Selected winners who join The IMPACT Program will receive a $7,000 bursary, a paid summer internship, and be paired with a leader of the Bank who will provide ongoing mentorship throughout their internship.
We are looking to find leaders who are contributing to the advancement and betterment of their community. IMPACT leaders exemplify innovation, ambition, and drive within their communities.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
The position at a glance
The Compliance Function is an integrated function in BNP Paribas. The internship is in the Compliance Nearshoring platform covering compliance topics for the Americas Region on all types of Compliance risks.
The Internship will be involved in several topics and subjects:
Financial Security: prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, as well as compliance with the national and international financial sanction frameworks that apply to the Bank. The intern shall carry out certain assigned permanent Financial Security controls and FS related tasks.
Professional Ethics : contributes to the monitoring of Professional Ethics rules. Specifically, the Compliance Intern must: Collaborate regularly with the Outside Business Activities (OBA) team, Personal Account Dealing (PAD) team and Whistleblowing team based in NYC, for the monitoring and the application of the policies and procedures on Professional Ethics.
Market Integrity: Contribute in testing market related requirements such as prevent, detect, manage CoI related to market & private side activity, compliance with Market Abuses rules, detection of breaches of trading venues and infrastructure rules.
FATCA-AeOi : Contribute in tasks related to alignment with Client Fiscal Compliance Regulations (FATCA/AEoI/QI)
- Assist in testing execution on the above domains as per Compliance Independent Testing rules and procedures
- Support in the continuous reinforcing the data quality and risk identification
- Contribute to reporting related tasks as requested from different stakeholders from Group and the Region.
- Carry out assigned investigations and/or analyses in relation to compliance.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Student in Bachelor or Master in Law, Business administration, security and police studies with a graduation date in December 2023 or in May 2024 .
- Alteryx and PowerBI design knowledge is a plus.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Critical thinking and judgement
- Intellectual curiosity
- Working knowledge of standard computer hardware and software
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Organizational skills
- Ability to manage stress and priorities
- Investigation capabilities
- The program is opened to all students currently enrolled full time in a Canadian University and meet the following eligibility criteria
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Less than 2 years of work experience
- Pursuing an Undergraduate or Masters’ degree
- Has at least one session left of studies after the completion of the internship
- Able to work full time in Montréal during May-August 2024
- Cannot be a family member, directly or indirectly, of any current BNP Paribas employee, regardless of location
You’ll need to upload a few additional documents as part of your application:
- A cover letter, written in French or English (maximum of 750 words), briefly explaining how you’ve made an IMPACT in your community, and why you want to join BNP Paribas and your interest in the role.
- Transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Recommendation letter from some one who can attest to your IMPACT.
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **