Identity & Access Management Specialist
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
This position is part of BNPP Americas CIB within Identity & Access Management in Information Security department, based in Montreal, Canada (Hybrid). The team aims to effectively manage the identity/employee lifecycle within the bank and implement the required processes and controls to ensure that logical access to Information systems is granted on a strict need-to-know and least privilege basis. This position will work in the AMER IAM Security team and report into the Head of identity & Access Management, CIB Americas.
- Enforce daily, weekly, and monthly Identity and Access Management (IAM) controls, especially:
- Application design and onboarding to the IAM tool
- Business role creation & modification for role-based access control
- Investigate and validate segregation of duties violations, as appropriate
- Assist in user re-certifications, reconciliations, system profile validation and other IAM related reviews
- Support the ongoing administration and maintenance of IAM-related processes, including lifecycle management, access recertification, access reconciliation and privileged access management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline IAM processes, enhance user experiences, and integrate of IAM solutions with other IT systems and applications
- Stay updated with the latest IAM trends, technologies, and industry best practices (including regulatory requirements) and make recommendations for enhancements and improvements
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of IAM documentation, including standard operating procedures, guidelines, and training materials
- Lead the GRC requirements for the IAM program and ensure timely production and delivery of KPIs and KRIs
- Ensure IAM processes adhere to various industry standards like ISO, NIST, etc. and active involvement in process enhancement and development
- Participate in internal and external audits to represent the IAM team
- Develop and execute remediation plans for open audit items and/or transformation projects
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Good Knowledge and Understanding Of The Following:
- Identity and Access Management best practices
- Incident and Request Management
- Access requests procedures and approvals
- Application onboarding and decommissioning
- Account types: Nominative, non-nominative, orphan, dormant, privileged, etc.
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and Toxic Combinations
- Access Rights Recertification and Reconciliation
- Access Provisioning
- Active Directory
- Minimum 10 years of professional IT related work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Identity and Access Management
- Experience with one or more IAM solutions (Eg: Sailpoint)
- Basic knowledge of project management methodologies (E.g.: Agile)
- · Strong planning, organization and coordination skills
- Ability to influence with your expertise and negotiate with various stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understands Controls, Control Gaps, RCSA and Action Plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of English is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field preferred
- Knowledge of IAM Security Practices, Regulatory Compliance (SOX, FFIEC and 17A5)
- CIAM Certified
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **