- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The US Financial & Regulatory Reporting Team is responsible for the production of financial and regulatory reports and information required to ensure compliance to regulatory expectations as well as other internal monitoring requirements. The Local Regulatory Reporting Governance and Continuous Improvement (GCI) team ensures on-going compliance of established governance framework, coordinate internal and external audits, lead and deliver transformation, remediation, and continuous improvement initiatives across reporting teams within the LRR team.
The Governance and Continuous Improvement Specialist will manage transversal processes, implement process improvements, and support audit and remediation projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Enforce quality assurance / control:
- Manage the execution of transversal processes established to ensure compliance with LRR policies and procedures (e.g. accountability policy, manual adjustments standard, and spreadsheet management controls, etc.)
- Serve as point of contact to coordinate across LRR reporting teams to ensure quality and consistent execution of standard processes and controls
- Support internal and external audits
- Coordinate the annual regulatory reporting training program; enhance training materials and deliver training to key stakeholders.
- Support Continuous Improvement and Change Management initiatives:
- Support the coordination and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, i.e. to track, design and implement new or changes to existing regulatory reporting processes across reporting teams
- Coordinate and drive on-going enhancements projects, e.g. data solution and remediation, as well as other efforts to increase automation
- Coordinate and drive closure of outstanding issues, recommendations, system defect and ensure proper documentation
- Provide periodic status reports to stakeholders
- Provide ad hoc support on various topics across the department, e.g. governance, operational and administrative topics, budget planning, project management, digital initiatives, or other efforts to implement strategic initiatives, standards, best practices or tools across the platform.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, internal and external to Financial & Regulatory Reporting team, to implement changes and improvements across the organization. Establish quality control programs to ensure sustainability.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Financial Reporting, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or equivalent functions
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, in Accounting or Finance required
- Knowledge of reports that are due to the Federal Reserve Bank, the various State banking regulatory authorities, and other regulators
- Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (IFRS and US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting
- Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Strong program / project management and business analysis skills
- Ability to build relationships across functions to drive towards a common goal
- Knowledge of the English is required
- Previous financial services and management consulting experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Axiom, HFM, Moody’s or other financial or regulatory reporting tools preferred
- Prior experience with Foreign Banking Organization
FINRA Registrations Required:
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **