Financial Regulatory Reporting Analyst
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The Bank Regulatory Reporting Department is seeking an Assistant Vice President to prepare and review the US entities regulatory reports submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank, and other regulators.
The jobs main responsibility is to prepare all required regulatory and financial reports and to ensure their correctness, consistency and prompt submission. The position requires intensive involvement in special projects relating to the regulatory reporting tool maintenance and upgrades, GL system interfaces, Axiom automation and remediation effort to improve the overall data quality and process efficiency.
This position reports indirectly to the Bank Regulatory Reporting Sr Manager Vice President and directly to Bank Regulatory Reporting AVP Team Lead.
- Assist with the bank regulatory reporting managers to maintain and enhance the BAU production process and control framework around the Bank Regulatory Reporting processes
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of the required Bank Regulatory Reports perform daily, monthly and quarterly production for various Regulatory instances under US GAAP.
- Enforce controls and ensure that financial statements are in balance; prepare balance sheet and income statements reconciliation schedules.
- Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under their responsibility by performing a variance analysis of corresponding revenue/balance sheet items, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/ concerns.
- Liaise with various internal (i.e. Legal, Compliance, Audit, Territory Governance, Finance Project Office and Business Operations) and external constituencies (i.e. regulators, external auditors and consultants).
- Identify, escalate and remediate data quality issues
- Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits.
- Knowledge of the bank’s current regulatory reporting tools, general ledgers, offered products and its related activities.
- Establish and maintain communication with the Financial Reporting Group, the Project Office Group, and the Control & Reconciliation Group and ensure that regulatory reporting requirements are properly addressed on all levels of system and procedural changes, including the introduction of new bank products.
- Assist with the implementation of the new Regulatory Reporting tool; including performing system testing and UAT reporting and continuing automation effort.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Financial Reporting, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or equivalent functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong regulatory & financial reporting knowledge prevalent in banking/financial institutions
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS including recent pronouncements
- Master degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a required
- Knowledge of:
- FBO requirements preferred
- Axiom preferred
- SQL preferred
- Excel skills with formulas (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF)
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, is based outside of Quebec and Canada, our positions require employees to speak another language than French – being English for most positions; other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese may be also specifically required and such will be clearly mentioned in the requirements of the position;
- All BNP Paribas employees in Canada must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **