Financial Planning & Analysis senior Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The role, primarily focuses on Management Reporting activities and financial analytics for the CIB activities.
– Produce weekly and monthly management reports; this covers actual production and maintenance considering that the structure evolves frequently to take into account changes in business focus or organization.
The role also involve a continuous improvement strategy to ensure that data are collected, organized, enriched and reported in a secure way with a full audit trail.
– Ensure that reports are prepared in full adherence with management accounting principles and data reconciled with Finance systems
– Apply knowledge of tools and the business in order to identify process improvements and implement reporting changes. Design and Process improvement expertise are critical as the Canada position is envisioned as a reporting center of excellence with the skills to streamline and automate report production and other financial tasks.
The role also requires a solid understanding of Digital solutions to contribute to the transformation of the Finance delivery model.
– Support on an ad hoc basis other Performance Management activities (maintenance, support to forecast/budget exercise, review of financial indicators, etc.)
– Assist the manager for the staff coordination and supervise the daily operations of team located in Montreal as well as the team located in BNP Paribas Shared service center located in ISPL (India).
Projects, systems support, operational process improvements :
• Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and after care post deployment.
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
Day to day production :
• Ensure delivery of all financial data/reporting in a timely manner from the team members
• Ensure the control and the integrity of the data throughout the reporting production
• Ensure that the reports are in accordance with the quality and granularity defined.
• Ensure that the quality controls are defined and properly designed.
• Perform sanity checks on reports published on a monthly basis.
• Maintain and share Productivity KPI to our stakeholders for both teams under direct Management and the extended team located in India (ISPL)
• Enhance and automate all the production reports and ensure that relevant documentation is up-to date and published on a yearly basis
Support the Client Services teams (CST) located in New York :
• have a close link and communication channel with the CST and the head of the SFM team in order to gather necessary information on business evolution
• keep them informed of any potential delay/risk that could impact agreed production timeline or figures
• perform ad-hoc reporting when requested by the Head of CST.
• in partnership with other teams, contribute to the enhancement of the platform tools as well as the automation and standardization of the tools & reports.
• perform a yearly review of all the set of reporting to ensure that they remain key for management.
• contribute to any project that has an impact on the reporting (sourcing, mapping, systems evolutions…)
• observe the bank policies and procedure
• ensure continuity of service in respect of staffing, training, leavers or exceptional events
• assist in any special project or request as directed by Management
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
– Between 5 to 8 years of Financial Reporting or Performance Management, preferably within Financial Services Industries
– Ability to develop and adapt a process: Ablility to manage multiple projects, and effectively prioritize workload when dealing with multiple deadlines. Team management experience and experience in project management supervision and coordination
– Digital tools: Excellent IT skills, including experience with data processing tools such as Alteryx or SQL, and creating reports using Business Intelligence tools (SQL, Server Analysis, Tableau or Power BI) as well as Excel skills including pivot tables, power query, advanced Excel functions & macros. Knowledge in Sharepoint (Lists) and other scripting technology would be appreciated (Powershell, Python, Vba) and/or in processes to collect information (mostly via Forms in tools to be defined)
– Ability to deliver/Result driven: Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment.
– Excellent communication skills
– Knowledge of the English is required
– Analytical Ability: Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop and leverage networks to increase knowledge on the organization and the related processes
– Accounting : Knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS is a plus
– Financial and performance analysis: Degree in Performance Management and Finance from a reputable university
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **