- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The FRESH IT Team is responsible for the implementation of third party and in house developed reporting solutions for the Liquidity, Finance and Risk sponsors. Their scope of responsibilities includes the interaction with multiple stakeholders, project management, business analysis, technical support and development of IT solutions in line with best practices established by CIB and the BNP Paribas group
- Oversees or carries out the design and production of quality software solutions in accordance with the applicable best practices (maintainable, secure, documented, scalable, testable and in line with the business line’s needs).
- Provides application support
- Oversee the production of quality software solutions in accordance with the applicable best practices (maintainable, secure, documented, scalable, and testable and in line with the business line’s needs), for the components and/or software segments assigned
- Design and development:
- Help to clarify and qualify needs
- Help to carry out studies before project launch
- Design software solutions
- Develop software that meets development and security standards, while incorporating data and security objectives
- Help to optimize existing code and improve its maintainability
- Help to integrate software packages and in the definition of settings
- Testing, acceptance and release:
- Implement and/or create a test strategy
- Install the product deployment tools in the different environments
- Upgrade and/or help to upgrade the documentation
- Help in implementing improvements to his activity and maintaining technical know-how for legacy systems:
- Participate in internal and external developer networks to communicate and share best practices
- Engage in continuous training in new information technologies
- Articulate and deliver written functional (analyst)/technical documentation to be used by the relevant IT teams to deliver the required functionality to the end users
- Drive project(s) to their completion and manage risks inherent to execution or consequence of the changing context
- Review work for completeness, accuracy and effectiveness of staff assigned to the project to ensure high level of qualify on all project deliverables.
- The position holder is expected to maintain best practices and trends in emerging technologies.
- The position holder will collaborate with others on innovation activities, designing and implementing proof-of-concepts.
- Develop, establish and oversee procedures and standards for troubleshooting, reporting and tracking.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Bachelor’s or relevant Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
(or international equivalent)
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Strong technical and problem solving skill set
- Interest and ability to learn coding languages as needed
- High caliber team player, self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to sort out issue under time constraint.
- Ability to research, find and design technical solutions
- Engage in continuous training in new information technologies
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Minimum 3 Years of software development experience with below qualifications.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Complete understanding of SDLC processes.
- Experience with programming languages like Python, PL/SQL, and Java or C#,Microsoft .Net.
- Experience with source code management tools like Bit bucket or Svn.
- Experience with GitHub code repository tools and commands.
- Experience with dev ops tools like Jenkins in creating CI/CD pipe lines for automatic code deployment management.
- Experience in writing optimized PL/SQL or ETL code with dataset Joins, aggregations, filtering.
- Experience in creating REST APIs using Python/Java/C# languages and understanding of App servers.
- Experience in Unix/Linux and Windows O.S commands and environment is a must.
- Experience with Oracle or SQL server Database and PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of English is required
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **