- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
Data Security is part of the BNPP North America CIB Information Security team based in Jersey City, NJ. The data security team is responsible for driving data protection strategies to ensure that sensitive data is handled safely and responsibly and complies with all applicable data protection requirements. The data security team collaborates across multiple teams to build and enhance appropriate data protection framework and controls.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The VP Data Security Operations Lead, reporting to the Head of Data Security, will be in charge of supporting operational data security functions such as data masking, data activity monitoring and encryption. This includes following the associated process of tracking, escalation and management of requests. The person will also contribute to the overall process, solution enhancement and reporting.
- Engage with application teams to understand Data Masking requirements.
- Support Data Masking implementation and related processes, e.g., analysis, masking configuration, masking execution, validation.
- Process, qualify and categorize data security tickets such as non-production requests.
- Track request tickets in the platform.
- Conduct analysis together with application teams. Analyze and define data requirements and specifications.
- Follow-up, escalate and alert to ensure respect of the process.
- Provide application team configuration and process enhancement proposals supported by real case experience. Analyze data sources to provide actionable recommendations.
- Engage local and global stakeholders to gather requirements and enhance data security rules.
- Have an active role in developing the data security platform and process for continuous effectiveness and efficiency improvement.
- Provide regular performance metrics on the activity.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4-6 years professional work experience in an IT operational role, preferably within the Information Security field.
- Subject matter expert in Data Masking, Data Encryption, Data Activity Monitoring and operations.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational proficiency, able to demonstrate rigor and thoroughness
- Strong ethics
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **