- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
The mission of RISK ORM is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the Operational Permanent Control (OPC) framework implemented by business lines and functions (1st line of defense or 1LOD), as well as the measurement and management of Operational Risks (OR). They serve in an independent oversight capacity, as part of the 2nd line of defense (2LOD), ensuring that the 1LOD is fulfilling its Permanent Control (PC) objectives and requirements. RISK ORM’s scope includes the CIB business line, and its supporting operational units and transversal functions across the Americas (US, Canada, & Latin America.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
RISK ORM is seeking a Data Analyst capable of using statistical tools to interpret structured and unstructured data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for purposes of operational risk management. The candidate will be responsible for mining data and reorganizing said data in a format that other team members can easily understand, as well as designing and maintaining data systems and databases that will assist RISK ORM in fulfilling its 2LOD responsibilities.
Essential job functions include:
• Gain comprehensive understanding of all data system architecture utilized by the Governance, Framework and Reporting personnel of RISK ORM; download and interface maintenance; testing of new patches and deliveries of RISK ORM systems; development of system components using product specific tools to create reports and other objects.
• Performs complex system administration. Monitors and validates that tasks are executed based on business requirements and complies with bank policy and RISK ORM Reporting & Senior Management directives.
• Partners with IT, vendors and business system analysts in performing root cause analysis and recommendation of viable solutions. Serves as escalation point for department employees, reporting and acting on requests primarily originating with RISK ORM Reporting & Senior Managers.
• Reviews and analyzes trends, proposes and implements changes to reduce issues experienced by Governance, Framework and Reporting production personnel with reporting and analysis and gathers information and assessments as a basis for developing proactive reporting solutions. Helps with assessment of level of manual intervention in reporting processes and proposes automated solutions.
• Notifies and keeps Managers abreast of system issues affecting the business.
• Proactively looks to review, evaluate, and automate existing processes.
• Ensures system administration documentation is up to date for all systems and reporting procedures reflect data and system impacts.
• Works with Enterprise Data Management where necessary to identify and escalate significant issues with data.
• Interact with Head Office IT Solutions and other areas when needed.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT science, Data/Systems Administration, IT Program Management, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working in banking or other financial institution setting and / or Information Technology
- Understands operational risk management software, hardware and technology
- Strong knowledge of Financial Banking systems
- Strong knowledge of Systems Administration
- Understanding/experience in Operational Risk Management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of applications such as SharePoint, Access, Power BI, IBM Cognos, & Tableau a plus.
- Understanding of programming languages such as VBA, Python, & formula languages e.g. DAX a plus.
- Experience in Process Improvement
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
- MS in IT Science, or MBA is a plus.
- A detailed understanding/experience in Operational Risk Management is a plus.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **