Cyber Security Business Manager
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The Information Security Business Manager will be in charge of managing the budget and expenses of the information security department, face the Finance, Procurement and PMO teams for finance reports and discussions. He/she will be ensuring the management gets an appropriate visibility on the department’s activities, expenses, risks and resource situation.
- Manage the Americas ITO CCCO’s budget framework in elaborating and maintaining information about actual, forecast and budget
- On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the various reporting teams and to management for report production
- Provide analysis reports to management, Finance and PMO teams, on the financial and budget situation
- Work on budget change requests
- Manage resources plan information
- Assist Americas ITO CCCO’s management in the budget plan execution:
- Alert on variance
- Analyze financial data, prepare and comment on budget presentation
- Interact with operational managers to maintain a strict budget discipline
- Be proactive on cost performance
- Identify management requirements for visibility on the Department’s activity, and coordinate accordingly to ensure a timely provision of the requested information by each team
- Facilitate the Cluster’s administration (expenses management, business case and location strategy, procurement, Headcount trajectory,… )
- Assist the teams with third party engagements, MSAs, SOWs and subscription and licensing agreements
- Interact with HR on the permanent HC movement information
- Maintain the documentation on process and procedures related to the activity
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Organizational and work documentation proficiency
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple assignments, and adhere to strict deadlines Proven record of presenting to senior management
- Capacity to interact with people in different areas, building strong and reliable business relationship
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years professional work experience
- Experience in managing budget and financial data
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual: English and French
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project). Excel advanced level is required.
- Culture in IT and Information Security activities is a plus
- Rigorous, self-disciplined
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **