- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
The Credit Trade Support team provides essential operational risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. The bank has a substantial Credit trading presence in London, New York, and Asia.
The position is for a Credit Trade Support Analyst. The selected candidate will report to the Team Supervisor. The team supports the execution of credit based OTC instruments transacted by the Trading and Sales businesses with additional focus on risk management, reporting, client service, and strategic initiatives driven by technology, regulatory/industry requirements, and new business/products.
The role will encompass the tasks of ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. The individual will be responsible of monitoring and proactively resolving trade breaks on Trade Date, performing PV checks to ensure all economic details are in line, ensure all positions and P&L match between deal capture systems and settlement systems, resolve all issues raised by Front Office and Back Office, and address any ad-hoc requests. The Individual will join a “split team” organization with team members located in both Montreal and NewYork City, under a functional management located in New York.
- Work with Front Office, P&L, Back Office, Third party vendors, and Application Support to resolve operational and booking issues
- Monitoring of operational risk by providing proper Front Office Support and ensuring the risk of fraud is set to a minimum
- Ensure accurate trading positions in FO system, the daily goal is to correct all discrepancies originated by system bugs, input mistakes, information loss
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
- Assist with project initiatives designed to improve and streamline existing processes
- Mitigate risk by reconciling discrepancies between the trading desk’s positions and the firm’s books and records
- Participate / assist in event processing and have a full understanding of the life cycle of a trade
- Collaborate with technology teams on the implementation of process flow improvements and efficiencies
- Contribute to quick resolution of trade issues by liaising with various groups including Front Office, Back Office, IT Team, P&L Controllers and Client Services
- Liaise with other Operation functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach
- Promote an efficient dialog/discussion with our internal and external partners
- Adhere to deadlines and objectives
- Where appropriate, ability to maintain and explain own position using logic in the light of differing views
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative
- Strong academic background required
- Ability to work as part of a team in a “split team” organization
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong desire to learn the processes and products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
- Strong sense of risk and critical thinking
- Rigorous and very organized
- Maintains high quality of customer service
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate
- Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work across teams
- Strong knowledge of financial markets with emphasis on Credit and/or Rates Derivatives
- Knowledge of regulatory rules for CFTC and EMIR in relation to OTC products
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Strong Excel/PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
- Previous experience (1 yr+) in a Derivative Middle office environment or prior experience in working with Trading/ Sales in a financial institution
FINRA Registrations Required:
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **