- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
Corporate Credit Management (“CCM”) is a transversal team in support of the approximately 800 Corporate Clients of the North American platform. The CCM team works to ensure coverage, monitoring & execution of all counterparty risk requests for the Corporate platform. Three functional pillars exist in the team including:
- Corporate Credit Team – consists of the Credit Analyst & Account Management organizations which provide sector/transaction specialized risk monitoring for the Corporate platform
- Transaction Management – Front Office liaison team for all functional teams. In addition, provides support on complex transaction and project management
- Corporate Credit Coordination – coordinates credit process/methodology topics throughout the CCM Team and the Corporate platform
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for supporting VPs and Senior Associates in managing corporate client relationships from a credit perspective. Specifically, the Credit Analyst will be involved in:
- Managing and monitoring the credit quality of North American Corporate Clients across various industries (inclusive but not limited to Healthcare and Pharma, Consumer Products, Capital Goods, Media & Telecom, Transportation, Paper & Packaging, Gaming, Cruise Lines, and REITs), including performing periodic review of borrowers’ financial statements, covenant compliance reports, press releases and news articles, rating agency and equity analyst reports, industry trends, etc.
- Contributing in a Credit Analyst capacity to the growth plan of the Bank, being directly involved in working on prospects/new clients
- Performing credit analyses and preparing credit memoranda for both new and existing Clients including new transactions, annual reviews, renewals, amendments, waiver requests and financial updates
- Evaluating clients/transactions for risk-related changes
- Maintaining reporting related to the portfolio including pipeline tracking, exposure tracking, and other general reports for both internal and external uses
- Interacting with internal and external auditors during loan examinations
- Interacting with colleagues in other locations/regions to coordinate on client strategy
- Attending bank meetings and/or client calls with the Banker
The portfolio of clients covered by VPs and Senior Associates consists of US-based investment grade and high yield groups, both leveraged and non-leveraged. Sound modelling skills are required. In the role, the Credit Analyst will interact and develop strong relationships with Risk partners, Delegation Holders, Bankers (i.e. Coverage) and Product Teams (among others, FX, IRD, Commodity, Equity, Global Trade Solutions, Loan Capital Markets, and Leveraged Finance Teams) including coordinating the credit process amongst the various Product and Risk teams to ensure an efficient and smooth turnaround of transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- 1 to 3 years of prior experience in corporate banking (preferably in corporate credit management) and/or at rating agencies covering Corporate Clients
- Good knowledge of financial statement analysis and fundamental corporate credit analysis skillset
- Knowledge of general banking products and banking practices including an understanding of loan structures, terms and credit agreements
- Sound projection modeling skills
- Strong business writing skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Language: French/English
- Master in Finance and/or MBA
- CFA (or CFA candidacy)
- Completion of formal credit training courses
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?