IMPACT – Corporate Credit Analyst – Intern (May – August 2024 )
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
At BNP Paribas, we strongly believe in nurturing potential, which is why we have created The BNP Paribas IMPACT Program. We are looking to find the next generation of leaders who are creating an IMPACT in their community by supporting their education and investing in their future careers.
Selected winners who join The IMPACT Program will receive a $7,000 bursary, a paid summer internship, and be paired with a leader of the Bank who will provide ongoing mentorship throughout their internship.
We are looking to find leaders who are contributing to the advancement and betterment of their community. IMPACT leaders exemplify innovation, ambition, and drive within their communities.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
The position at a glance
Corporate Credit Management (“CCM”) is a transversal Team in support of the approximately 800 Corporate Clients of the North American platform. The CCM Team works to ensure coverage, monitoring & execution of all counterparty risk requests for the Corporate platform. Three functional pillars exist in the Team including:
- Corporate Credit Team – consists of the Credit Analyst & Account Management organizations which provide sector/transaction specialized risk monitoring for the Corporate platform
- Transaction Management – Front Office liaison Team for all functional Teams. In addition, provides support on complex transaction and project management
- Corporate Credit Coordination – coordinates credit process/methodology topics throughout the CCM Team and the Corporate platform
As an intern on the Corporate Credit Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting more senior members of the team (Analyst to Director) with the credit management of North American corporate clients. Responsibilities include (among others):
- Assisting with the monitoring of the credit quality of a portfolio of Corporate Clients, across North America, across various sectors, including periodic review of borrowers’ financial statements, covenant compliance reports, press releases and news articles, rating agency and equity analyst reports, industry trends, etc.
- Assisting with managing a corporate portfolio(s) which consist primarily of IG and sub-IG groups, both leveraged and non-leveraged.
- Possibility of participating in deal teams with Sector Coverage Bankers and related product groups to help drive the credit process for new origination activity for prospects and new transactions for existing relationships
- Assist with the performance credit analysis and preparation of credit memoranda for corporate clients including new transactions, annual reviews, renewals, amendments, waiver requests and financial updates
- Be a team player supporting and working with other team members, bringing value and contributing to the success of the team
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- · The program is opened to all students currently enrolled full time in a Canadian University and meet the following eligibility criteria
- · GPA 3.0 or above
- · Less than 2 years of work experience
- · Pursuing an Undergraduate or Masters’ degree
- · Has at least one session left of studies after the completion of the internship
- · Able to work full time in Montréal during May-August 2024
- · Cannot be a family member, directly or indirectly, of any current BNP Paribas employee, regardless of location
You’ll need to upload a few additional documents as part of your application:
- · A cover letter, written in French or English (maximum of 750 words), briefly explaining how you’ve made an IMPACT in your community, and why you want to join BNP Paribas and your interest in the role.
- · CV
- · Transcripts (official or unofficial)
- · Recommendation letter from some one who can attest to your IMPACT
- Progress towards Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Interest in understanding financial statements
- Solid Excel skills
- Team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Ability to confidently operate independently and to constructively interact with more senior stakeholders
- Interest in developing banking, finance and analytical skills
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **