Corporate Coverage Summer Intern (May to August 2024)
- Standard / Permanent
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 months program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential, through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
The position at a glance
Our Global Banking division provides sophisticated and diversified expertise in financing, cash management and financial advisory services for our clients. We combine our global expertise and local presence to better align the complex needs of our multinational clients.
Corporate Coverage is at the heart of Corporate and Institutional Banking and is the foundation on which the BNP Paribas North American corporate relationship franchise is built. Interns work with bankers to own client relationships and better understand a client’s needs, on full transaction origination cycle through researching client and industry-wide financial information, performing financial statements and capital structure analysis of client, creating pitch books, and running modeling on initial credit assessments.
Corporate Coverage North America is responsible for advising U.S. based corporate clients and delivering an array of the firm’s services across strategically targeted client groups in various business sectors.
- Keep Senior Bankers up to date on all developments (financial and otherwise) in the covered sectors and the portfolio
- Develop some product understanding with product specialists
- Complete training that introduces corporate credit skills, using a structured and systematic approach to evaluate the credit standing of a company
- Maintain an active dialogue with key stakeholders across the platform
- Build rapport and network with current BNP Paribas professionals
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited Canadian post-secondary program
- Must be able to work in the local premises
- Be 18 and over
- Have at least one more semester left after completion of internship
- Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Finance or Accounting
- Client relationship skills; ability to articulate ideas well-to clients and colleagues alike.
- Modeling and valuation skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and has integrity
- Organized; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a challenging environment
- Work transversally across the organization and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members.
- Strong Microsoft OS (Word, Excel, Power Point)
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **