Corporate Coverage Intern (May – Aug 2024)
- SALES DEVELOPMENT
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential, through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
The position at a glance
Work on production and cross-functional projects that have an impact on the Canada Corporate Coverage group.
- Analyze financial, operating, and strategic information relating to our clients and the sectors in which they operate
- Contribute to the preparation of presentation materials for client meetings
- Provide regular updates on industry, client-specific developments and market events
- Actively support the execution of new transactions
- Source, retrieve and analyze internal and external research and incorporate into marketing materials
- Prepare briefing materials and support memos for client meetings, annual credit reviews, and other ad-hoc needs
- Monitor key performance indicators (revenues, risk, RWA, CVC) as well as the onboarding activity
- Updating and keeping track of CRM system
- Assist bankers to efficiently handle account maintenance including KYC re-certifications, on boarding of new clients and entities
- Actively contribute to special projects
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
1. Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited Canadian post-secondary program
2. Must be able to work in the local premises
3. Be 18 and over
4. Have at least one more semester left after completion of internship
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program, preferably with a finance and/or accounting focus, with a graduation date of December 2024 or May 2025
- Experience in corporate banking preferred, but not a prerequisite
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Has ability to write reports, analyze, summarize, argue and take positions
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong will to acquire a broad and deep understanding of the variety of products/solutions that BNP Paribas can offer to its clients, along with regulatory and rating agencies developments related to our coverage sectors
- Able to manage direct contacts with internal and external clients
- Proactive, reliable and self-starter
- Makes sound decisions that support the organizational direction, values and mission
- Follows through on verbal and written commitments
- Keeps others informed of situations, work assignments, and concerns
- Has a positive, professional and credible reputation both internally and externally
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing, with an emphasis on analytical, logical and persuasive arguments
- Employs active listening skills
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **