- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
Demonstrate the firm’s commitment to compliance by maintaining a compliance testing review program that evaluates the firm’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations and discloses violations and control weaknesses. Conduct compliance testing reviews of the various front office business areas, operations and branches and provide senior management with detailed reports regarding the extent of the firm’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations along with value-added comments and recommendations where appropriate. Also, assist in the firm’s various certification processes, coordinate reporting of compliance metrics to the US Intermediate Holding Company and Head Office and participate in special projects/investigations as needed.
- Assist Compliance Independent Testing (CIT) Team with administrative items: pull, consolidate and report on CIT activities and metrics, update supporting testing documents, create powerpoints, consolidate and analyze team data,
- Maintain libraries used for testing (testscripts, controls, risks, processes, regulations, risk assessment results, last tested, etc.).
- Maintaining Team Sharepoint sites.
- Collaborate and consolidate various reporting for annual certification processes driven by the team.
- Assist the Team in conducting compliance testing of regulatory requirements, processes, policies, procedures, and controls under the direction of senior CIT Team members in order to assess and review compliance with legal, regulatory and internal firm policy and procedure requirements.
- Conduct quarterly testing of key risk controls of the first and second lines of defense.
- Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to the Team Lead / CIT Head for discussion and further investigation if deemed necessary.
- Draft and validate issues and recommendations addressing the root cause of the issues with stakeholders.
- Assist in drafting reports detailing regulatory requirements, testing conducted, review findings and recommendations. Issue final reports to senior management.
- Ensure that all findings and recommendations are entered into the Reporting & Issue Tracking Application for tracking purposes and perform periodic follow-up of open issues to ensure proper resolution.
- Perform adhoc testwork of various rules and regulations in conjunction with the annual CEO/CCO Certifications.
- Assist with special investigations and projects as deemed necessary by senior Compliance and business management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The desired skills for this position include:
- Speaks and reads French and/or Spanish.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite and Sharepoint administration.
- Strong Excel skills including formulas, aggregation, macros, etc.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively across the platform.
- Strong ability to learn new regulatory requirements and apply knowledge to numerous types of trading and banking activities and operational arrangements in addition to interpreting the effect of new regulations on these activities.
- Some knowledge of U.S. securities, commodities, and banking regulations, including the rules and regulations of the SEC, CFTC and all exchanges and associations under such federal agencies, including FINRA, NYSE, CBOE, ISE, CME, NYMEX and ICE US. Such knowledge should also include swap dealer and Volcker Rule requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with front and back office staff and senior management.
- Excellent execution skills with the ability to work successfully under demanding deadlines, manage multiple reviews and projects at the same time and in a change management environment.
- Strong writing skills summarizing regulatory requirements, testing performed, results, findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Two to four years of experience with a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization in a compliance or regulatory related position.
- BA or BS Degree a must.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **