Canada Compliance Intern (May – August 2024)
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal’s Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
BNP Paribas in Canada Students & Young graduates
The position at a glance
Help protect the BNP Paribas Canada Branch reporting to the Head of Territory for Canada and therefore the BNP Paribas Group against the risk of non-compliance in the areas of:
- Financial Security “FS” (AML/TF/KYC and Sanctions)
- Associated standards and procedures
- Compliance controls; and
- Risk Assessment
The “risk of non-compliance” is the risk which arises from the failure to comply with regulatory provisions, business and ethical standards or BNP Paribas directives applicable to the bank.
Financial Security (“FS”)
The Compliance Intern contributes to the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, as well as compliance with the national and international financial sanction frameworks that apply to the Bank. Specifically, the FS Compliance Intern must:
Carry any other task in Financial Security.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Student in Bachelor or Master in Law, Business administration, or security and police studies.
- Critical thinking and judgement
- Intellectual curiosity
- Working knowledge of standard computer hardware and software
- Ability to manage stress and priorities
- Investigation capabilities
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **