- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy.
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
- Provide application and technical support to the critical 24×7 Loans and Trade Finance Applications.
- Act as a subject matter expert on application architecture, disaster recovery, infrastructure integration.
- Follow Information security and adhere to governance framework for the applications in the platform.
RESPONSIBLE FOR PRODUCTION SUPPORT OF BNP PARIBAS LOANS AND TRADE FINANCE APPLICATIONS
- Responsible for production support, follow-up of application developments, and flows between BNP Paribas Loans and Trade Finance applications and other back office systems.
PARTICIPATE IN TECHNICAL PROJECTS RELATED TO FINANCING SOLUTIONS PLATFORMS
- Assist sponsors and project teams to identify business needs and define functional specifications.
- Work closely with IT Global Banking teams to produce technical specification documents
- Responsible for coordinating and fulfilling projects support tasks, as well as providing status reports.
TRANSVERSAL AND FRAMEWORK
- Maintain application and systems as per the Information Security guidelines.
- Ensure data protection regulations are implemented from a data security standpoint.
- Maintain monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning of financing solutions applications components
- Understand document the business process and data flow.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields.
- Must have at least one of Shell/Perl/Batch/Python scripting skills
- Well versed with incident/problem/change management process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good documentation skills – advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good understanding of Java J2EE applications
- Good to have infrastructure, MQ, WebSphere, Tomcat knowledge
- Good to have ITIL foundation knowledge/certification
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows servers.
- Experience with application deployments and installations
- Knowledge of SQL/Pl SQL
- Knowledge of Tools like Jira, ITSM, SN
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to reprioritize tasks
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- 24/7 availability during On-Call schedule
- Good understanding of Service Now or similar tool and the service management processes
- Understanding of data protection principles
- Ability to work independently within a team
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Problem solver
- Manage multiple priorities
- Innovative and Agile
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **