- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces.
Product & Accounting Control Group (PAC) in BNP Paribas North America Capital Markets is a department that handles cash reconciliations, P&L reconciliation to sub-ledger, balance sheet substantiation, covering Fees and invoicing process, as well as general accounting, control, and reporting responsibilities. In addition, this Group prepares upper management reporting regarding Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance indicator reports.
- Perform the reporting of P&L reporting to the respective middle office teams
- Validate reconciliation of (but not preparation of) middle office P & L to the general ledger.
- Certify Cash “Nostro” reconciliations and ensure reported in a timely manner.
- Support the general ledger balance sheet substantiation and investigation, including break resolution for activity under our control remit.
- Assist on projects including but not limited to system upgrades, implementations, & automations.
- Assist with ad-hoc duties and reporting as assigned.
- Make a direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
Minimum required qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar.
- New Graduates welcome!
- 2yrs+ of experience in a similar role & organization with exposure to the majority of points noted above is an additional asset but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with confidence and composure at all levels of the business hierarchy
- Change agent with exemplary attitude:- innovative, enthusiastic, rigorous, execution oriented
- Highly skilled multi-tasker with efficient organization skills
- Highly ethical and control oriented
- VBA skills an asset. Advanced excel required.
FINRA Registrations Required: No
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000.
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **