- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
- Process all the corporate term deposits, interbank loans and Complex Deposits (CPD) initiated by Treasury within the US branches and Canada.
- Match the confirmations
- Process all settlements of securities for the US and Canada through the respective custodians BONY (Bank of New York) and CDS (Clearing and Depository Services system) and follow their events (coupon, redemption…)
- Handle the pledge of securities to the Federal Reserve, the States and the Bank of Canada.
- Process the issuance of Medium Term Notes (MTN) and their events (coupon, buy back…)
- Process Interest Rate Swap (IRS) and follow their events (interest payments, unwind…)
- Process Stock, Warrant & Equity activity, including following events like Capital Calls & Dividends for Equities.
- Handle the issuance (input, validate) Commercial paper related to Orbian, Starbird, Matchpoint, BNP NY, Fortis NY and BNP Dublin programs and monitor settlements throughout the day.
- Follow the daily movements related to the CDCC activity (clearing of futures and options on futures) in order to pass accounting entries, generate payments and prepare a daily reconciliation
- Input SWIFT payments either to transfer funds to/from our custodians or if it is resulting from any event on the above products.
- Maintain key performance indicator report.
- Trouble shoot & Investigate Daily Cash Break reports.
- Pass manual adjustments through the general ledger (GL).
- Perform the various controls in place and confirm in ORUS.
- Ensure all questions from Front Office and Clients are answered timely
- Ensure that the procedures are updated when there are changes in the existing process or create new ones when there are new processes.
- Provide backup coverage to other functions within unit when the team is short staffed due to a holiday or sick leaves and when there are cross training between team members.
- Ensure all answers are provided timely to the appropriate team upon a cash break
- Ensure all requests from Audit are answered timely and provided with sufficient support
This job requires a strong commitment (issues cannot be left unresolved). Team of 6 ensures coverage from 8.30 am to 7 pm (rotation basis in place).
Qualifications & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration on Finance (or equivalent)
- 2/5 years of experience in operations
- In depth understanding of accounting events for Money Markets, Securities and Derivatives Products
- French / English spoken and written perfectly
- Problem solver
- Ability to multi task and work in a high pressure environment
- Well versed in Excel
- Swift Alliance Knowledge
- Excellent phone skills to communicate with both Front Office, Middle Office and Clients
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone on 514-285-6000.
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **