ALM-T Risk Analyst
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The candidate will contribute to the definition of the risk framework surrounding ALMT activities. He/she will review and challenge the liquidity risk management processes (including but not limited to stress testing, limit calibration, contingency funding plan, collateral management and intraday, transfer pricing). The candidate will also monitor, control, alert and report on the risks taken to the appropriate level of Management.
- Contribute to the definition of risk policies, procedures and overall governance, in order to efficiently manage the risks, both in business-as-usual and in stressed conditions.
- Contribute to the definition of limits/guidelines; review them periodically in light of the actual risk profile.
- Define jointly with ALMT the prospective scenarios used to measure impact under stressed conditions as well as the early-warning signals to anticipate adverse market and/or liquidity conditions.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of liquidity risk management processes deployed by ALMT.
- Ensure adherence with internally established policies and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare annual evaluation report of the liquidity risk management processes and present reports to internal committees.
- Proactively and retrospectively identify and analyze liquidity, funding and Interest Rate risks.
- Ensure that deals executed by ALMT are in line with the decisions of the relevant committees (ALCOs, CCDGs, etc…) or in line with defined delegations.
- Ensure compliance with defined limits.
- Review and challenge ALMT models and methodologies used for internal and regulatory risk metrics.
- Perform trend analysis and reporting on emerging liquidity risks to appropriate governing bodies.
- Alert on a timely basis the appropriate level of Management on any risk issue.
- Analyze and report ALMT risks in a synthetic and comprehensive way to all levels of Management, appropriate committees and external parties.
- Analyze liquidity reports and, when needed, complete information with its own metrics and comments.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Banking industry, preferably within Risk Function, ALM Treasury or Audit.
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject (e.g. Finance, Mathematics …).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Python.
- Excellent communication across verbal, written and presentation skills in English.
- Working experience related to ALM-T activities.
- Understanding of the requirements of Reg YY and the Enhance Prudential Standards.
- Knowledge of key Interest Rate Risk metrics such as NII, EVE, Interest Gap and PV01.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, is based outside of Quebec and Canada, our positions require employees to speak another language than French – being English for most positions; other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese may be also specifically required and such will be clearly mentioned in the requirements of the position;
- All BNP Paribas employees in Canada must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified – Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **