· A direct support plan, activated in over 30 countries
· Local support for hospitals, vulnerable populations and young people
· An additional commitment bringing the Group’s contribution to over €50m
Montreal, Canada, April 13, 2020 – BNP Paribas, a premier global bank, announces additional global aid for the medical sector and at risk populations fighting the COVID-19 virus with donations now totaling over $76 million (€50 million) worldwide.
BNP Paribas and its subsidiaries around the world mobilized from the start of the health crisis to support the hospital system, medical research and institutions that help the most vulnerable and disadvantaged.
BNP Paribas in Canada is making the following donations to local hospitals and food bank organizations:
· CHUM – Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal to help the CHUM Research for the Québec COVID Biobank, an urgent study on the determinants of COVID-19 infection and its morbidity and mortality.
· Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation, through its Rest Safe Program, which will help support the health and well-being of courageous frontline care providers.
· Second Harvest, which provides food used in shelters, faith-based organizations, food banks, community organizations and other programs that support over 500,000 of the most vulnerable and marginalized populations in the Greater Toronto Area.
The bank is also contributing:
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): over 7,000 masks to Quebec Health Authorities for hospitals facing PPE shortages in Montreal.
· Employee Match option: BNP Paribas employees in Canada will have an opportunity to make a personal donation to the organizations listed above which the bank will match.
· Additional support for existing charitable partners: BNP Paribas has committed additional support to current charitable partners in Montreal and Toronto who provide essential relief services to some of the most disadvantaged individuals.
Sonja Volpe, Principal Officer and CEO of BNP Paribas in Canada, stated: ‘’We live in an extraordinary time that affects all of us both professionally and personally. BNP Paribas in Canada especially is proud to support the various organizations and partners on the front line of this health crisis who are helping those in need. We will continue to be fully engaged during this crisis in support of our employees, clients and partners.”
BNP Paribas is also making significant donations throughout the Region in the US, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
For over 55 years, BNP Paribas in Canada has been helping Canadian businesses and institutions grow by offering them a full range of specialized financial services and investment products. With over 1000 employees in offices in Montreal and Toronto, BNP Paribas in Canada combines a clear understanding of the Canadian landscape with global expertise.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with international reach. It is present in 71 countries, with more than 199,000 employees, of whom more than 151,000 are in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three major business areas: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services, whose retail banking and financial services networks are grouped into Retail Banking & Services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which focuses on corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports all of its customers (individuals, associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large businesses and institutions) in carrying out their projects by offering them financing, investment, savings and protection services. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leading specialist in retail financing in Europe. BNP Paribas is also developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean basin countries, Turkey and Eastern Europe and has a significant network in the West of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services businesses, BNP Paribas enjoys leadership in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas, as well as a solid and fast growing business in Asia Pacific.
Sauveur Menella – 514-285-6202 – email@example.com
Keely Gispan – 212-340-5867 – firstname.lastname@example.org