You are logged onto bnpparibas.ca website property of, and published by BNP Paribas Canada, Subsidiary of BNP Paribas S.A.
BNP Paribas (Canada), Bank duly established by virtue of the Law on Banks, has its head office in:
1981, McGill College Avenue
Montreal, (Quebec) H3A 2W8
Tel: 514 285-6100
Fax: 514 285-6278
Legal representative: Marise Chénier-Jetté
Communication: Sauveur Menella
Hosted by: Systèmes d'Information Groupe BNP Paribas
Designer: Médiaction, Netz, Gotham, Systèmes d'Information Groupe BNP Paribas
The access and the use of the Internet site of BNP Paribas is subjected to conditions expressed below and every user of the site is considered for having accepted them.BNP Paribas draws users' attention to the following:1 – Site access
2 – Intellectual property
- Users of this site acknowledge that they have the skills and equipment needed to access and use it.
- It is a punishable offence to fraudulently access or to remain connected to, prevent or alter the operation of, or fraudulently introduce or modify data within, an information system.
- Access to the bnpparibas.ca website is free of charge. Users pay the cost of accessing and using the telecommunications network under the terms and conditions set by their access providers and telecommunications operators.
3 - Liability
- BNP Paribas S.A. owns or holds the rights to the contents of the site, particularly data, images, graphics, photos and audio files, which are protected by the rules of the industrial property law and no license is granted to the user as for these last ones.
- Reproduction, representation, distribution or redistribution of any part of the website by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited without the prior express consent of BNP Paribas, and would constitute a forgery punished by the legislation applicable to the intellectual property.
- The trademarks of the publisher of bnpparibas.ca and of its partners, as well as the logos appearing on the site, are registered trademarks.
Accordingly, these trademarks or logos may not be reproduced, either in whole or in part, by using site content without the prior express consent of BNP Paribas is thus prohibited according to the legislation as regards intellectual property or one of its assigns.
4 – Damage to equipment
- BNP Paribas (Canada) reserves the right to revise the content of the site at any time and without notice. Furthermore, BNP Paribas (Canada) shall not be held liable in the event of a delay, error or omission in the content of the site's pages, or if the service is interrupted or unavailable.
- The information contained on the site has a general and strictly informative character, and must not be interpreted as advice, nor as offer of sale of products or services, or request. They take no legal liability and no contractual agreement on behalf of BNP Paribas (Canada) which saves itself besides the faculty (power) to modify the characteristics. Furthermore, although this information is updated on a regular basis, BNP Paribas (Canada) cannot protect the reliability from it any time.
- BNP Paribas (Canada) shall not be held liable for damage, direct or indirect being able to result, in any way, from the use of the site by every user, or from any default of lines or from the necessary systems for its use. The Bank gets free in particular of any liability ensuing from the transmission of confidential information on the internet network.
- BNP Paribas (Canada) shall not be held liable for any decision taken on the basis of a contained piece of information about the site, nor for the use which could be made by third parties.
5 - Hyperlinks
- BNP Paribas (Canada) implements the means which are considered adequate to favor the security of the information displayed on her site or entered by the users of the site. BNP Paribas (Canada), not being on the other hand in complete control of the used computer network, cannot protect the total security from it and the confidentiality.
- Note that all the pages of the site, and the e-mails, do not benefit from the protection of the encoding, (coded information) and it is reminded that the secret of the correspondences is not guaranteed on the network. Furthermore it is up to every user to take all the measures suited so as to protect its own data or software of the contagion of possible viruses circulating on internet.
- BNP Paribas (Canada) shall not be held liable for events beyond its control or for damage to the user's technical equipment, including computers, software, network hardware and all other equipment enabling access to or use of the service and/or information.
6 – Cookies
- The bnpparibas.ca site contains hyperlinks to sites that are not supervised by BNP Paribas (Canada). These links are present only for the suitability of the users and do not constitute endorsements of these sites, their contents, or products and services which are offered to it. In consequence, BNP Paribas (Canada) shall not be liable for the contents of sites that users may access through its site.
- Every user who decides to access or to download software by means of these links makes it for its risks, and it falls to him to take all the necessary precautions to prevent, among others, the intervention of viruses or any other destructive agents and to make sure that this software is compatible with its computing equipment.
- The presence on a site other one than that of BNP Paribas (Canada), or the company which is affiliated to it, of one or links towards the site of BNP Paribas (Canada) does not indicate either that BNP Paribas (Canada) examined it or approved the contents. Hyperlinks to the bnpparibas.ca site may not be set up without the prior consent of the publisher.
7 – Personal data
- Users are informed that when they visit this site, a cookie may be installed automatically and stored temporarily in their computer memory or on their hard disk. Cookies do not make it possible to identify users; they record information about their use of the site. Users acknowledge that they have been informed of this practice and authorise BNP Paribas to use it. Users may deactivate cookies by using the settings in their browser.
8 – Applicable law
- BNP Paribas respects in its transactions the obligations of confidentiality established by the applicable legislations, and also applies them in its management of the information connected with the site, or collected by this last one.
9 - Products & services
- The contents of this website is governed by applicable law in the province of Quebec, (Canada) and every user acknowledges the competence of the courts of this province in all matters concerning the contents and the use of the site or any litigation arising therefrom.
- BNP Paribas (Canada) shall not be held liable for decisions made on the basis of information provided on the site, or for the use that third parties may make of that information. Persons wishing to benefit from the services and/or products presented on this site should consult the contractual terms and conditions applicable to said products and/or services, available at local branches of BNP Paribas (Canada).
- Access to the products and services presented on this site may be subject to restrictions applicable to certain persons or countries. BNP Paribas (Canada) will not supply products and/or services to any person where such product and/or service contravene the law of the person's home country or of any other country that concerns the person. However, interested parties must consult their usual advisers to check in advance that their legal or tax status enables them to invest in or subscribe to products and/or services presented on the site.
- It is up to every person interested to verify beforehand with his advisers whom its legal and fiscal status allows him to sign products and services presented on the website.